K20 GEAR UP Programs
K20 Center GEAR-ing UP to Serve Over 12,000 Students
In 2018, the K20 Center for Educational and Community Renewal competed and was awarded three separate Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs (GEAR-UP) grants sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education.
There were 160 applications for GEAR UP funding, 60 grants were awarded, and the K20 Center won 3 of them. The GEAR UP OKC, GEAR UP for MY SUCCESS, and GEAR UP for the FUTURE grants will provide seven years of services and development to 46 partner schools all across the state of Oklahoma.
Three New GEAR UP Grants
What is GEAR UP?
Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs (GEAR UP) is a federal grant provided by the U.S. Department of Education to help students prepare for and pursue a college education.The K20 Center has already worked with many schools, both urban and rural, across the state in past GEAR UP efforts. The power of a GEAR UP project is that it transforms a high-poverty school community into a college-going culture.
- Etta Dale Junior High, El Reno
- Gurthrie Junior High
- Central Middle School, Lawton
- Eisenhower Middle School, Lawton
- MacArthur Middle School, Lawton
- Tomlinson Middle School, Lawton
- Capps Middle School, Putnam City
- Cooper Middle School, Putnam City
- Santa Fe South Middle School
- Shawnee Middle School
- Ardmore Middle School
- Rector Johnson Junior High School, Broken Bow
- Byng Middle School
- Checotah Middle School
- Colbert Middle School
- Crooked Oak Middle School, OKC
- Dibble Middle School
- Dickson Middle School
- Frederick Middle School
- Heavener Elementary School
- Hugo Middle School
- Idabel Middle School
- Little Axe Junior High
- Macomb Elementary School
- Marietta Middle School
- Muldrow Middle School
- Pauls Valley Junior High
- Pocola Middle School
- Tommie Spear Middle School, Sallisaw
- Stigler Middle School
- Stratford Middle School
- Valliant Middle School
- Vian Middle School
- Belle Isle Enterprise Middle School
- Classen School of Advanced Studies
- Douglass Mid-High School
- Emerson Alternative School
- Jefferson Middle School
- John Marshall Mid-High School
- Northeast Academy
- Oklahoma Centennial Mid-High School
- Rogers Middle School
- Roosevelt Middle School
- Taft Middle School
- Webster Middle School
Work with us to make a difference!
Looking to apply for a position at the K20 Center? Follow these steps to browse our job listings:
- Navigate to https://jobs.ou.edu in your browser.
- Click on External Applicants staff positions button.
- On the left hand column, click See all organizations.
- Enter "Ctr for Educational & Comm" in the filter organizations field.
- Click the checkbox for the resulting department and hit apply in the bottom right.